Monday, July 25, 2016

A Letter To My Future Self

Well to start, right now I'm in a very confused emotion state of mind. Not completely sure what I want to do with my life, but at the same time positive where I want to go. Hopefully, by the time you're reading this you've already figured everything out and you're doing exactly what you want to do.


Don't overwork yourself. We do not stop until the job is done and is perfect to your standards.  Don't get so wrapped up into perfecting things, because nothing is ever going to be perfect. Leave a little "me time" in your day, drink some tea or coffee, read a book. Just unwind and let yourself relax. Don't get to the verge of a mental break down and then decide it is the time to stop, you've done enough of that in the past. If things don't end up exactly how you thought they were going to, that's okay, it was supposed to happen the way it did.

Present me has always wanted to travel the world. You know that! We've been wanting to do it our whole life, maybe you're reading this in a coffee shop in Amsterdam, or drinking tea with a new friend in London, maybe you're sitting on the beach in LA or hanging on a rooftop in New York, or maybe you're just at home wherever future us may feel that home is. Just remember to travel, because you've always loved traveling.

Don't be afraid to throw yourself out there. If there is something that you want to do go for it.  Sure it may sound like a good idea and once executed it wasn't, but that's the risk. Don't let the anxiety of failing or looking like a fool hold you back, you've done that enough. If something sparks your interest go for it. You never know, you could love it more than you thought.


I really don't have any type of demands or expectations for us. I just hope we are happy wherever we ended up. I guess I’ll stand by whatever you do, because even if you aren't who I imagine I'll be now, I’ll stand by you, because maybe who I’m imagining is someone else, and - well you’re not someone else, you’re me. So, I guess I just hope we're happy, I hope you're happy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment